Madison District Public SchoolsEnrollment
Who Can Enroll
District Resident Students
You can enroll your K-12 student anytime during the year as long as you live within our district boundary. Please click HERE for a map of the Madison District Public Schools boundaries.
Kindergarten Students 2022-2023 School Year
A student must be five years old on or before 09/01/22.
If your child turns five years old between 09/02/22-12/01/22 they may register for Kindergarten for the 2022-2023 school year, with a waiver received by Student Services or they cannot attend Kindergarten.
GSRP Students 2022-2023 School Year
Great Start Pre-School is a great way for families to enroll their children in a quality early childhood program that prepares students for Kindergarten. Eligible children must be four years old on or before September 1, 2022.
Schools of Choice programs provide students with additional enrollment opportunities and allow non-resident students to enroll in a district other than their own. Non-resident students may enroll in Madison District Public Schools during open enrollment June 1, 2023 – September 29, 2023.
MDPS Enrollment Requirements
To register your child for school, you must provide the following:
- Student Birth Certificate
- Child's Current Immunization Record
- A valid Michigan Driver's License or State ID
- Proof of Residency
- Student transcripts (High School) or most current Report Card (Elementary and Middle School)
- Special Education IEP (most recent), if applicable
- Section 504 Documentation, if applicable
- Legal Guardianship papers or Notarized Power of Attorney, if applicable
1. Birth Certificate
A hospital record of birth will Not be accepted. Parent name(s) must be on the birth certificate. Only a parent named on the Birth Certificate or legal guardian (with proper Michigan Probate Court paperwork) may register a student.
2. Child's Current Immunization Record
3. A valid Michigan Driver's License or State ID
4. Proof of Residency
One must be a current mortgage/lease agreement or property tax statement or a Residency Affidavit if living with someone and do not have a mortgage or lease agreement in your name.
In addition, any one piece of business mail with the correct name and address within 30 days of registration, such as the examples below:
- Cellular Statement
- Current Bank Statement
- Current Charge Card Statement
- Current Utility Bills
- Current Health Insurance Document
- Current Auto Insurance Document
- Current IRS Information
- Current Employment Record
- Current DSS Document
- Current Court Document
Examples for Those with a Residency Affidavit
- * MI Driver's License/State ID
- Any piece of business mail within 30 days of registration
- * MI Driver's License/State ID and Mortgage Coupon/Property Tax Statement/Warranty Deed, Original Lease
- One proof - Utilities, etc.
Start Online Enrollment - Residents
The application below is for residents that live within the boundaries of the Madison District AND for non-residents wishing to enroll under School of Choice.
(Note: The School of Choice application window for the Second Semester of 2022-2023 school year will open on December 1, 2022)
Start Online Enrollment - Non-residents
To apply for School of Choice in the Madison District Public Schools, please click the button below.
Thank you for your interest in Madison District Public Schools. We look forward to serving your student and family.
If you have any questions, please call 248.399.7800
Madison District Public Schools
26550 John R Road
Madison Heights, MI 48071